Sunday, January 29, 2012

It's All About Me!

My name Is Jenna, and I am a 4th year history major at Loyola. I am hoping to go to law school when I graduate, and plan on practicing Immigration Law. I am interested in Immigration law for many reasons. First, I have learned a lot about the different immigration patterns in the United States in some of my history courses. Among my favorite, is the Irish Diaspora. I believe that in learning immigration practices, and policies I can better understand the History of this country; after all, the US is a "melting pot" of immigrants. One of the other reasons I am interested in immigration law is the fact that I have personally had to deal with the strenuous, and ever-changing immigration laws. Last February I had applied for my fiance to come to the US so that we may start our life and get married. We dated when I was in high school in Amman, Jordan for 2 years. For the past year of my life, I have been filling out documents, checking updates, and pretty much sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for any notice from the USCIS, NVC, or US embassy in Amman. The journey has been very strenuous, and extremely frustrating. I have a lawyer whom I hired to facilitate me in the case, and he hasn't helped me very much. I did ALL of the paperwork, and when something new happens in regards to the case I am the one calling the lawyer in order to see what new steps need to be taken. Obviously, this upset me very much. As a result, I vowed to assure that when I become a lawyer that I will do whatever is in my power to re-unite loved ones. I am very passionate about this subject, which is why I am hoping to learn a lot from my internship at KAM-Law.

No comments:

Post a Comment