Monday, April 30, 2012

skype

A few weeks ago my fiances visa was finally approved. It was interesting because I filed everything over a year and a half ago, so it was way before I started my internship. One day I was talking with Chris about the whole thing, and I told her how it was taking unusually long. One of the other attorneys heard us talking and came over and asked me about my case. He was kind of surprised that I had filed for something in immigration, and then asked me if that was why I wanted to practice immigration law. I told him it was to an extent, and explained everything that I had done in filing his paperwork. I told them about some of the crazy things I used as proof, because when you file for a K-1 (fiance visa) or a K-3 (marriage) they need you to demonstrate the legitimacy of your relationship. I told him how initially I had a problem because we dont really talk on the phone that much so printing out my phone records wouldnt be enough, so I got the idea to take screen shots off of my skype account because i am constantly on skype, and for most people going through this stuff in this modern age technology is the way to go. He told me that alot of his clients had the same issue, and he never thought to take screen shots. I showed him how to do it and he was pretty happy. Hey, maybe I made the difference between a yes or a no for an applicant. I was pretty happy, because it made me feel like I really knew what I was doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment